Friday, March 9, 2012

Laundry Basket Puppies

Pups Left in Laundry Basket in Shopping Plaza: Rescuers Swoop In:

 Written by Melanie Elmore  of Mississippi (USA)

It was a particularly hot April day. My mother and I were running errands when we made a quick stop at a small shopping center. I sat in the car as my mom went inside the store. As I was looking out the car window, I spotted something moving on the sidewalk about 20 feet from my car. Then I saw something else. After about thirty seconds, I realized what I was looking at. I got out of my car and rushed over to find two tiny little puppies and a tipped over laundry basket, along with an empty water bowl. I immediately scooped them up and checked to make sure that they were okay. My mom came out of the store and I called her over. Of course, she was as enthralled with them as I was. She went into the nail salon which I found them in front of and spoke with the lady inside. The lady came out and informed us that her son gave the puppies to her, but she didn’t know what to do with them, so we could do what we wanted with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment